Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Site Visit!

The inside of my future house

The outside of the CISCO cuilding

My front door

My front yard and my broken fence, which they will replace

so this blog post might take awhile, as the keyboard is different but i wanted to post real quick about my site visit. I went to Faratsiho and, while I was a little overwhelmed at first, grow to really love it. It will be perfect. I have a big house, with 2 rooms, though they do have a lot of work to do before my arrival. right now there is a ton of extra stuff in my house. I think they have been using it as storage and a classroom. I couldnt get a super clear picture of what it will look like but i am excited to see it again in a month. Right now I am in my banking town, Antsirabe, which is where i will come about once a month to get money, processed food, meet other PCs and do internet. I had thought I might have internet in Farastiho but alas i do not. Thats ok though, but starting in Oct I will only be posting about once a month. There is another PC who is 6 miles away so hopefully I will get to see her about twice a month. The newest news is that a PC in health gt switched into my site as well, but we will see if this is true. I think it is but I havent talked to her yet to get teh reason behind the switch. I am not sure how I feel about it but I think it will be fine. We wont see each other everyday so it should be fine.

I am here in Antsirabe till friday morn this its back to tana i go. On sat we head back to Montasoa and training. I have discovered i need to learn more malagasy so i will need to get my study on. i have taken a ton of taxi brousse rides in the last few days so i am super happy that i dont have to take one tomorrow. I can just chill. taxi brousses are the main form of transportation in MAD and they are crazy. they jam a ton of people into them and then set off over mostly dirt roads (MAD didnt get the memo from the Romans that good roads are pretty essential when establishing a country and commerce) that are full of holes, dips, and wash outs. you had better have a strong butt and pee before you leave cause you may never move again till your destination. every time i leave one i always wish for more paved roads.

I am tired and cant really think (I got up at 4 this morning and it is 11) so this will be all. Just a few more personal shoutouts. Brian: thank you for the email. I loved it. would you print it out and send it to me? I want to be able to look at it always. Eric: write me b:c I want to hear all about you new apt and life. Everyone else, I miss and love you all. Check back soon to see what will happen next in my crazy MAD life!

No comments:

Post a Comment